Recent Tango News

Lost something? Maybe you'll find it in the News Archive!

Siempre Tango News


Tango Immersion Course

Posted: 15:53, Monday 16 April 2007 by Megan Jones

Updated: 12:17, Monday 23 April 2007 by Megan Jones

Over the weekend May 12 and 13, Fabrizio Forti and Franca Rubio will be running a Tango Immersion Course.

Saturday May 12 and Sunday May 13 with two sessions on each day, from 10:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm. All sessions are being held at the Dulwich Community Centre.

The course at present is full. If you would like to join a waiting list, please email meyou need to organise your own partner. For people who have enrolled, if your partner is unable to attend, it is your responsibility to find another partner.

The course will be focused completely on close embrace salon dancing principals and fundamentals. A maximum of 12 couples will be enrolled, with no changing of partners.

Cost is $120pp. Enrolment is on an ‘all or nothing’ basis – for the whole course or not at all, not for individual sessions, allowing Fabrizio & Franca to work with the same group over the course of the weekend. Payment is required to confirm enrolments and no refunds will be given after May 1 – however if you need to pull out you can find someone else to take your place.

Fabrizio and Franca will also be available for a limited number of private classes – four hours of which have already been booked. Again, please email me to enquire, private class rate is $100 per single or $120 per couple + $5 hall hire fee per hour.

This is likely to be the final opportunity to learn from international teachers through Siempre Tango for some time. Fabrizio and Franca are taking 75% of the income from the workshops and Siempre Tango the remaining 25%. ST will need to cover more than $1000 in airfares, plus hall hire etc, meaning there will still be a shortfall that ST has to cover.

At present the course is full with a waiting list already in place. I am waiting for a few people to confirm their place so if you would like to join the waiting list, send me an email

Also please note that enrolments will be accepted in “tango couples” only. ST will not be providing a partner matching service for this set of workshops.


Sorry, commenting on this article is closed.

Back to top

Community discussion on this article

At 16:15 on Monday, 16 April 2007 Ben said:

At 20:27 on Monday, 16 April 2007 Charles said: